Title: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Number of pages: 12/64
Type of Book: Fiction; Fairytale; Classic
Age: 0 – 4; 4-8
Available here: http://www.learnington-ng.com/literature/167-goldilocks-and-the-three-bears.html?search_query=goldilocks+and+the+three+bears+&results=3; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goldilocks-Three-Bears-Ladybird-Touch/dp/1409304477; for older readers: http://product.chelisbookazine.com/product/goldilocks-and-the-three-bears/; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goldilocks-Three-Bears-Usborne-Reading/dp/0746084110; Free Download here: http://www.kizclub.com/storytime/threebears/threebears.pdf
Price: N1000; 5:99 GBP; N580; 4.99GBP
Another classic fairytale. In this story, a golden-haired little girl wanders into the woods and into the home of a Bear family. The Bears: Father, Mother and Baby were out. Goldilocks helps herself to their food, chair and beds, eating up Baby bear’s food, breaking his chair and sleeping in his bed. Read the book to find out what happens when the bears return and find Goldilocks in Baby bear’s bed!
THUMBS UP AND DOWN
UP: This is a great book for toddlers! (and lower level primary school kids) I loved it as a child! It was right up there with Little Red Riding Hood! It has vibrant illustrations and different touch and feels on every page to introduce your toddler to textures. This book could be used to teach little ones the importance of staying away from strange places and people and not taking things that don’t belong to them. It’s a board book so it’s sturdy and will survive bites, spills and dunks in water. I recommend this book for all kids aged 0 to 4! The version for older readers will teach the importance of obedience.
- The character Goldilocks was named for her hair! She had golden locks (hair)
- The first documented version of this story was published by Robert Southey
- More options for buying this book: http://product.chelisbookazine.com/?s=goldilocks&post_type=product
HAVE FUN WITH THIS BOOK
- Read the story here: http://www.kizclub.com/storytime/threebears/threebears.pdf
- Create your own Goldilocks and the Three Bears story book here: http://www.ptools.com/Blog/Goldilocks-and-the-Three-Bears.pdf
CHALLENGE: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
CREATE (WRITE a Story/Poem OR DRAW)
- Draw and colour the picture of Goldilocks and the three bears on the cover of the book (4 year olds)
- Identify and colour the three Bears (2-3 year
Send your answers to email@example.com Entry requirements: Entrants must be within the 2 – 4 age range. The first correct entry will be announced on this page and will win a copy of this book.
Answers must be submitted before 12:00am on Tuesday, May 24th 2015.
Next Book of the Week:
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD